backcountry bed, backpacker, camping, editors choice, hiking, nature, outdoors, REI, review, sierra designs, sleeping bag
It was like Christmas morning! I received a package at my front door of the Backcountry Bed from Sierra Designs! If you haven’t heard of this amazing sleeping bag, this 2014 Editor’s Choice from Backpacker Magazine is an innovative design that leaves you comfy and warm. There are 6 main features to this bag:
- Zipperless Design– The Backcountry Bed is a zipperless design with intentions to have a less complicated, easy and effortless night’s sleep.
- Versatile Comforter– Whether you sleep on your back, side, or belly, this sleeping bag will let you move, bend, and sleep just like you would if you were at home!
- Foot Vent- Do you get hot while sleeping? Do you like to let your feet be free and get some air? You can easily slip your feet in and out of the foot box vent without dealing with zippers! On cold nights, the footbox vent stays closed- draft-free!
- Hand/Foot Pockets- Use the hand pockets on the comforter to easily tuck yourself in at night at seal off the cold! For warmer nights, tuck your hands away while your arms cool off outside of the bag.
- Cantenary Shaped Opening– By making the opening to the bag smaller than the width, this allows you to stay insulated and warm during cold nights. Use the hand pockets to tuck in the comforter and really seal in the warmth!
- Sleeping Pad Sleeve- Have you had your sleeping pad move on you during the night? Do you feel disconnected from it? Secure your pad directly to you bag with the sleeping pad sleeve to experience the comfort of your bed at home.
The Women’s 2-season Backcountry Bed I received weighs 2lbs 10oz and has a temperature rating of 32 degrees for comfort and 22 degrees limit. Be on the lookout for my video review coming soon!!
Jo Ann Plante said:
This sounds like an awesome sleeping bag!
Nothing like getting a good nights sleep.
Stephan Miller said:
Reblogged this on Mighty Max Sport and commented:
Zipperless is genius. Foot vent is geniuser. Great review with video coming soon! Thanks girlycamping.com
Have to see if
They make a double bag – for two people!!
What an innovative design! Thanks for posting this!
The zipper on my mummy bag failed one night in October, up in the North Cascades. It was a cold, sleepless night. Zippers aren’t just inconvenient (they snag), they’re a liability on something as important as your sleeping bag, which is your warmth to make it through the cold night.
Pingback: Video: Backcountry Bed by Sierra Designs | Girly Camping®
Pingback: Monday 3/18/15: REI sale | haleycomet365
I have reservations for 6/20/16 thru the 25 at san clemente state camp ground. Looking for news on updates on the local fire . And if they are contained? If safe to go ?