camping, fie prevention, fire, forest, girly, nature, outdoors, safety, smokey the bear, travel
– When setting up camp, look at the regulations for fire building. Some areas prohibit it – and its for a reason!
– If it doesn’t prohibit fire building, be aware of the weather- is it dry and hot? Maybe you should try to go without the fire!
– If you are building, make sure it is 15 feet away from tents, trees, shrubs, and low hanging branches.
– Never leave a campfire unattended!!!!
– Try to allow fire to burn to ashes before fully extinguishing it.
– Pour LOTS of water on fire until hissing sound stops.
– If you don’t have water, use dirt.
– After putting fire out, stir with shovel to make sure all embers are out.
For how to properly build a fire and for more safety tips, visit www.smokeybear.com.
Happy Camping and BE SAFE!
Pingback: Colby Fire Breaks Out in Angeles Nation Forest | Girly Camping®
Pingback: Safety Tips for the Outdoors | Girly Camping®