Camping is a great activity- especially with your loved ones! There’s nothing better than heading out to Mother Nature, gettin’ dirty, and exploring a little bit. Sometimes fuses can get cut short and trips don’t turn out the way we want them to- so the last thing you want is to argue or have a disagreement! Here are 6 tips to camping with your partner:
- Have set duties– Maybe both of you share the responsibilities for setting up the tent or one of you cooks and the other one gathers firewood. Either way- you know your role, what’s expected of you, and you’re pitching in (just like at home, right? 🙂 )
- Be courteous– This is a vacation and you want to relax but sometimes it can be stressful! Just remember, this is for both of you to get away and have fun- just be extra nice to each other!
- Take a nature walk– Nothing like a romantic stroll into the wild- am I right? If you’re camping with friends or family, spend some time alone and enjoy the outdoors just the two of you!
- Compromise– This isn’t about one person or the other- its about both! So if one of wants to go beach camping and the other wants to go camping in the mountains- try compromising! Let one person pick the location and the other pick the food!
- Be Thrifty– Camping is sleeping outside…. you can camp for next to nothing. If you don’t have gear, don’t go blow your money on a new set up- borrow gear or improvise! If you have a tent but no sleeping bag, grab some blankets. Don’t go for the filet mignon at dinner time- try a good ol’ hot dog on the fire! Most couples fight about money anyway- keep it cheap and everyone is happy!
- Don’t Give Up! Let’s say the first camping trip wasn’t the best, talk about what you enjoyed and what you didn’t and make a commitment to try it again- I PROMISE you- its really fun 🙂